Indicators of Potential Risk to Business
High Absenteeism and Turnover
The presenting problem seems to be high absenteeism or unintentional high turnover, but the root cause is often something else; maybe a management issue, the corporate culture, low morale, problems with leadership styles in the ranks, and so on…
- Do you know what absenteeism is costing you?
- Find out what high turnover is costing you.
Click on this link to find out what Psychosocial stress is costing your organization [Free cost calculation]
A high incidence of mishaps, accidents, emergencies, constant crises, legal wrangles, and regularly having to ‘put out fires’ is a sure indicator that there is something amiss. This puts a lot of pressure on everyone and causes a lot of stress.
Don’t believe me? Test it for yourself.
How risky is your business?
When performance, productivity and profits are lower than before, it is not the market economy, government policies, or anything else external that is causing it. These 3 Ps (profit, productivity and performance) are the pulse of your business, and if it is weak, there is something ‘wrong’ inside the organization.
When energy in the business is sub-optimal, the vibes are ‘bad’, and morale is low, it is time to find out what is going on below surface appearances. Negativity is as contagious as any viral infection, it spreads quickly. It is like cancer and can be terminal. Nip it in the bud. Treat it before it sinks your ship.
Staff; Asset or Liability
Are your workers assets or liabilities? If your employees are displeased, disgruntled, unhappy, un-engaged, and so on, they are likely to be a liability. The more satisfied, content, motivated, inspired they are, and the more they feel they are making a contribution, the more of an asset they are likely to be, and the more positively this will affect your bottom line
… Staff can be an asset or a liability – it often depends on how they feel they are being treated…
Human Assets or Human Liabilities
- Are your employees helping or hindering you?
- Are staff problems keeping you awake at night and giving you headaches by day?
- Are you in crisis mode some of the time, a lot of the time, or most of the time?
- Are you taping into their collective brainpower, expertise, skill, and know-how optimally?
- Are your workers happy, content, satisfied, engaged, and feel they are valued and making a contribution?
- Are there never enough hours in a day to do everything that has to be done?
- Are you pulling your hair out because your staff are messing up and not doing what they’re supposed to?
- Are you taking work (or emergency calls) in the evenings and during weekends?
- Have you forgotten what it’s like to go away on holiday without a care in the world?
- Can you go away for an extended period of time and your business can go on without you having to be there physically? What if you had an accident, got sick, or had to be hospitalized?
- How well have you got your finances under control?
How would you like to address some, if not all of these issues, and then some?
Wouldn’t you like to have: –
- greater peace of mind?
- more time to do the things you’re good at?
- more time for uninterrupted fun, pleasure, recreation, and regeneration?
- more time for your own interests, hobbies, sport, and other activities?
- quality sleep and a good night’s rest?
- less stress, worries and woes?
- innovative solutions to put your chronic problems to rest once and for all?
Boost your Business
Find out how to make this switch from liability to asset and get the best out of your staff.
Problems and Issues
If you want to know what’s going on in your business, you need to go to the coal face and ask your workers, not management. – Hugh Hilton… (Multi-billionaire Business Consultant)