Biggest Threats to Business today
Some of the most dangerous trends facing organizations
- Technology explosion: choice of platforms, applications, models, infrastructure, programs, facilities, etc.
- Staying up to date with upgrades, new releases
- Heavier Competition
- Survival: Sustainability and profitability
- Difficult to stay abreast of change
- Security problems: phishing, hacking, spam, etc
- Data glut: indigestion, misinformation, overload, wasting time
- Staff problems: work ethic, disenchantment, strikes, union action, burnout, diminishing attention span
- Global economy: language and communication barriers, cultural idiosyncrasies, exchange rates, bank charges for international financial transactions, and global influence on markets, and shares on the stock exchange.
- Distractions: Social media, cellular phone messaging, Youtube, Pinterest, Chat, Games, Apps
- Government: laws and regulations
- Political: upheaval and unrest
- Terrorism: Local and International
- Global Warming (indirect threat): holes in the ozone layer, extreme weather conditions, melting glaciers and ice-caps
- Depleting natural resources: fossil fuels, water shortage, denuding forests, arable/ fertile land
- Cities: unhealthy, toxic air, waste, crime, misery, transport problems, slums
- Alcohol and drugs: availability, addiction and misuse
- Social Responsibility: Disenfranchised Communities
- Influx: illegal ‘aliens’, xenophobia,
- Overpopulation in third world countries (starvation) and negative growth in first world countries
- Toxins: pollution in the air, food and water, human waste, nuclear fallout,
- War: faction fights, gang wars, drug wars, religious wars, vendettas, and so on
Then there is misconduct; illegal, immoral and unethical behavior, stealing, and fraud that can cost any company a packet.
The ones that may be more difficult to detect, like passive aggressive behavior, backbiting, gossip, jealousy, scandal-mongering, unhealthy competitiveness, debilitating ‘red tape’, antiquated ways of doing things, debilitating corporate culture, under-handedness, mismanagement, and so the list goes on… and on….
The other more personal issues that have an effect on everyone concerned are burnout, ill health, stress, depression, mental (un)health, overwhelm, family obligations, toxic relationships, and other prevalent psycho-social issues.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of external or internal threats, and then there are the more invasive Internal Threats – these are the ones we are more interested in… the ‘evil’ within… the ‘skeletons in the closet‘ that are likely to ‘bite one in the butt‘ when you least expect it.
And last but not least, your organizational culture could be undermining your efforts more than you would like.
Boost Business, Optimize Resources
and/ or… Tell us what you would like to know more about, or what you are worried about here Questions, Requests, Comments.