What Smiling Does For You…
- Smiling releases feel-good hormones and reduces stress that helps you live a longer, healthier life [reduces blood pressure and heart rate because you take yourself out of fight or flight mood]. 😊
- When you are smiling you tend to see the brighter side of life, which means you will have more tolerance and patience and hence less likely to be negative, hyper-critical, fault-finding. 😊
- Smiling uses more muscles than frowning so it is Thermogenic (slimming) – every little bit helps, no? 😊
- Smiling is slimming. When you feel good, you are less likely to binge or need comfort food as a ‘crutch’ or ‘fix’. 😊
- Smiling is the most natural pain reliever, is 100% organic, has zero negative side effects and costs nothing [endorphins] 😊
- Smiling is antidepressant and mood lifter [serotonin] 😊 Even a fake smile can lift your mood.
- Smiling aids concentration and broadens cognitive states, see research post here 2010 study 😊 and people think you are more competent (Duchenne smile studies).
- Smiling is seen as cooperation, so you are more likely to be trusted, especially if your eyes are involved, but as long as the smile is not too wide, because then it is seen as insincere 😊
- Smiling heals the body from the outside in 😊
- Smiling makes you more attractive to others 😊
- Smiling is an instant face-lift 😊
- Smiling is contagious. “When you smile the whole world smiles with you” 😊 People are more likely than not to smile back at you.
Try it on
Before you start, notice how you feel right now. Then put a grin on your face. How do you feel different now? Let’s broaden it even more…
😊 SMILE! Root your smile in your heart. Can you feel the difference?
Smiling puts you in a more enabling frame of mind, so you are more likely to be able to solve problems.
Want help with some sticky problems?
Open up a Pandora’s box of new possibilities…
Do Creativity Work- / Play-shops for out-of-the-box inspiration, innovative new ideas, memorable team-building, revolutionary strategic planning sessions, and become a leader in your industry or field.
“A smile is happiness you will find right under your nose” – Tom Wilson