Values and Beliefs
Your company culture can be throttling your business, literally and figuratively.
Company culture is made up of the collective personal ingrained beliefs and prejudices of the individuals that make up your workforce. These preconceived ideas precede and override any written organizational policies, principles and values, and the resultant behavior gets played out in a myriad ways that range from subtle to blatant.
We believe company culture can either make or break an organization. People are usually unaware of their own ‘company culture’ because ‘that’s the way it has always been done’ so it has the impression of normalcy.
Company culture is like the air you breathe – the cleaner the air, the better for your health. [Air is essential to livelihood, yet we never think about it because it’s always there.]
- Company culture determines the unspoken (and mostly unconscious) rules of conduct, for interaction and communication, the pecking order, and especially – who calls the shots.
- It prescribes which rules should be followed and which should be broken… if you want to fit in and/or retain your position/job.
- It’s the unwritten rules that establish who you need to watch out for, who can get away with almost anything while others get into trouble for the same thing, and a host of other situations.
- It dictates how you conduct business, as well as your interactions with others; how to treat colleagues, subordinates, superiors, management, customers, suppliers, or hired help.
|Inner||Beliefs/ Values/ Rules
|Not visible||Culture/ Laws:
Ethnic, Company, Family
Plans, Strategies, Tactics
Company Culture, though intangible, and only noticeable to newcomers if they are very aware, is a very important determinant in a business’ well-being.
[NOTE: The longer you have been ‘in it’ the more it is taken for granted as ‘the norm‘. things you hear people say: ‘this is the way it’s always been’, ‘this is the way things are done here‘, ‘if it ain’t broke why fix it‘…. As long as these assumptions stay sacrosanct and do not get inspected, the more things can go wrong.]
Have a look at what is going on behind the scenes, below the radar in your company/ organization/ business to get to the ‘hidden’ gems/risks
Workforce attitudes can make or break you
Vicious cycle: How your employees are treated influences how they feel…. about management, the organization, their working environment, circumstances, colleagues, and their general work experience – this, in turn, affects how they treat customers, colleagues, suppliers and others, which affects how they feel…
Research shows more than 70% employees are unhappy / discontent at work… yet most, if not all managers think their employees are fine. [Results depend on the survey questions, industry, and whether it was independent research findings or internal surveys.]
Turnaround – Imagine what you would be able to achieve if 70% or more of your employees were happy at work.
Genius Within Business Turnaround Benefits
- Overcome limiting beliefs.
- Open up to new, more productive ways of doing things.
- Stimulate the mind to generate original, ingenious ideas.
- Lift Oppressive Company Culture.
- Re-write debilitating rules, regulations, and practices; identify and turn around unproductive behavior, automatic responses, unconscious habits, assumptions and presuppositions.
- Facilitate change in behavior, outlook, actions.
- Encourage and celebrate diversity.
Happy people are more productive … and easier to get along with
Not only do you get people to produce more, the working environment changes for the better, which feeds on itself and becomes an iterative process (the better people feel, the better their relationships, the better their relationships, the better they feel).
The added bonus is that the positive effects do not remain in the working environment, but ripple out to everyone and everything your employees come into contact with. (What happens at work spills into all aspects of a person’s life and vice versa.)
Discontent is the biggest work distraction
Discontent gobbles up time and energy, as well as mental and emotional productivity. The degree to which persons are able to distance themselves from the feeling of discontent is in direct proportion to the degree of their conscious awareness – 99.9% of us are on automatic pilot 90% of the time – we operate habitually, especially under stressful conditions – the more the stress the more we revert to fight, flight, freeze or ‘play dead’ responses.
Disgruntled employees do more harm than good
You are only as strong as your weakest link. We help you become more aware so that you can choose on your course of action, and actively manage situations rather than automatically go into habitual patterns that can be counter-productive.
Richard Branson said: I focus on profits and I let my staff take care of my clients/ customers.
… or … Send us a mail with questions or comments
Cut to the chase
- Get a free quote to Turn Staff into Super Achievers and Accelerate Profits
- Speak to a Genius Within Expert / Consultant (Book a Session) no credit card required.
- Book a Rapid Business Success Coaching Call
- Contact us with questions, comments, or other communication
…What if it isn’t too good to be true and you pass up the opportunity? You might never know what could have been, but you will see those that did, speed past…
Links to more pages on Genius Within site
Boost People! Boost Business!
You are most welcome to share this page…