Coronavirus / Covid-19
As with all things, this pandemic will come and go. How long it will last and how any people will die, nobody knows.
I hope this message will bring a sense of freedom and control in this unpleasant and maybe distressing time.
We have all experienced endings in our life; happy or sad, unexpected, surprising … and even ‘necessary endings’…. and then life goes on
Many beginnings and endings follow a natural, highly predictable progression like the seasons, others are planned and executed, some are sudden and unexpected.
Necessary endings are the times in all our lives when we stand up, draw a line in the sand and say: “to here and no further…” when the time has come, the season has passed, and at worst… when continuing ‘it’ would be harmful in some way.
These situations require us to:
- Put an end to relationships that cause you grief, have no future, that are toxic, abusive, hurtful, unproductive or damaged by e.g. infidelity, fraud, dishonesty, crime, corruption…
- Unplug from high-maintenance, drama fueled friends, family, partners.
- Purge habits, rituals and behaviors that produce negative, poor or unacceptable results.
- Say goodbye to an unattainable goal.
- At work
- Let unproductive employees go.
- Stop doing business with ‘unpleasant’ suppliers, customers, service providers. [Replace the word ‘unpleasant’ with a more appropriate word for you – for whatever is bugging you]
- Leave a job that is not aligned with your values and/ or not feeding your soul. [Make sure you have an alternative before you leave. Operating from a disadvantage/ desperation does not put you in a position of strength.]
Easier said than done
Even with clear and compelling evidence staring us in the face… we often find it difficult to do what needs to be done, we make excuses, rationalize, avoid or suppress the issues and continue long after the ‘let go and move on date’ has expired.
Endings are a natural part of business and life, yet we often experience them with a sense of hesitation, sadness, resignation, regret, and sometimes we apportion blame and lament the consequences.
Pursue the positives
The tendency is to concentrate on the negative side of ‘necessary endings’ and forget they have positive contributions.
As long as we concentrate on the negatives, the ‘better’ reality we long for will continue to elude us; opportunities will be lost and misery perpetuated.
Look on the bright side
Our lives will improve to the degree to which we can see endings as a necessary and strategic step to something better.
When we proactively correct the bad and the broken in our lives and replace it with the good, healthy and productive, we grow and there is movement toward a better, brighter future… and there is hope.
Knowing when and how to let go when ‘it’ isn’t working is the smart and courageous thing to do.
With this I encourage you to take inventory of your life and focus on bringing ‘necessary endings’ to the people, places and things that negatively impact your life… that slow you down, derail progress, compromise your character or peace of mind in any way.
Your time has come
It is important for you to decide now so you can completely liberate yourself from contaminating influences, operate at the peak of your potential and achieve a state of moral, spiritual and physical renewal.
Even though ‘necessary endings’ take different shapes throughout your life, the essence remains the same… it creates positive change.
Benefits of necessary endings:
- Releases you from burdens (physical, mental, emotional, psychological).
- Frees you from bondage.
- Renews your spirit.
- Revitalizes your energy.
- Refreshes your perspective.
- Unleashes your greatness.
- Gives you opportunity to ‘take stock’ and notice how you are contributing to the situation you are in.
Thrive like never before
In creating this message… my goal is to help you get healthier, wealthier and happier.
The idea is to develop sleuthing and confrontation skills to ‘know’ when the time has come for the next phase of your life, to facilitate ‘necessary endings’ and initiate ‘new beginnings’, and acknowledge the part you have played in whatever drama you have in your life and what you want to do about it.
Links to related pages on Genius Within Website
Unusual Prevention Measures for Covid-19
Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures
Contact us for more info