Setting Goals makes all the difference
There is a saying: “When the going gets tough the tough get going”
People with goals get things done, people without take w-a-a-a-y longer. If your goals are compelling enough, the rest of the world around you can be falling apart, but you will wake up each day and do what needs to be done to make your vision a reality.
Set hairy goals
Setting easy-peasy achievable goals does nothing for you. There is no challenge. Setting stretch goals are better; about 10% out of your comfort zone is good, because if the goal is way too difficult – it is discouraging and if it is too easy – it is boring and not compelling. If you have a Vision, it is even better (for some, for others it can be daunting).
What do you need?
- First of all you need to know what it is you want to achieve – your vision, your destiny, your purpose, your mission, the legacy you want to leave. If you haven’t a cookin’ clue, maybe it’s time for some meaning and purpose in your life. If you do know, but haven’t done anything, don’t wait too long or you will have serious regrets. Let us know if you need help getting started. Getting off the ground.
- Secondly you need a few character traits like tenacity, persistence, courage, perseverance, responsibility, accountability and the ability to focus.
- Thirdly you need energy; to do what needs to be done, to overcome obstacles, to make sure things happen the way you envisioned.
- Fourthly a plan is essential. So that it does not take the rest of your life and you never finish it, never share your gift, and the world is a sadder place for that…
- Fifthly, I am sure there are many other points we can put in here, but I choose not to. You know mos what you need.
- Lastly you need to remove the word “can’t” out of your vocabulary.
Change challenge into opportunity
Do not see problems, see opportunities. What can be done to change your situation? Leave the sack and ash for others. Get solutions, get moving, get going; actions do the trick. Use your imagination. Think – what do you want, what is the most ideal thing that can happen, then work backwards and make it happen!
Goals don’t work for you?
Have you tried setting goals in the past and they just don’t work for you? There can be a number of reasons for this. People who are very ordered, organized, with structured minds take to goal setting like a duck to water, but creative minds often find it limiting, challenging or distressing. There are ways around this… and remember practice makes perfect!
- You might be a Problem Solver not a Goal Setter. Check it out here Stop Setting Goals.
- Set SMART goals that work. Check out this – How to set SMART Goals.
- … and if you want to take Goal Setting to the next level, check this out Smart Goal Setting on Steroids
Still struggling with Goal Setting or achieving your goals? Tell us about it here ⇒ Struggling
Want to fast track? – Apply here
Previous Edition: The worst in you
“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life through conscious endeavor.” – Henry David Thoreau
Links to other articles about setting goals
Should you have a service you think would fit in with the work I do [e.g. coaches, therapists, psychologists, and so on] , please let me know here ⇒ Service Provider and get more referral clients.
Don’t miss out
If you aren’t getting the Genius within Newsletter to Awaken the Genius within you, get it here ⇒ Get your tips trick and traps to Awaken the Genius Within you
Yours in awakening the Genius Within