Self Sabotage the biggest dream killer
Wondering why things always seem to go wrong when you least need it?
- You get sick at the most inopportune time,
- You forget that very important meeting,
- Your cell phone battery goes flat when you desperately need to contact someone,
- You get your dates muddled for your very important presentation to management, the board, your exam, …whatever,
- You get stuck in traffic, have a flat tyre, get lost in a new city … – that makes you late – for your appointment, your training, your interview, etc.
- You say the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time,
- You do the wrong thing in the wrong way at the wrong time at the wrong place,
- You run out of time to finish your project, your paper, your assignment, your report, your preparation … on time, so you pass the deadline and lose the opportunity,
- You bite your tongue when you think something bad about someone or slander them behind their back,
- You cut yourself thinking negative thoughts; e.g. having an internal disagreement with someone about some bone of contention,
- Selling yourself short when you are a solopreneur, health therapist, or other service provider when people come with excuses of how broke they are and how they cannot afford your fees, but later you hear about their overseas trip, the new car they bought, or other luxury or nice to have they bought instead of investing in themselves…. [* there is much more to this… ]
These are all signs and examples of you sabotaging yourself; of you shooting yourself in the foot…
Why do we sabotage ourselves?
When you believe you have what it takes and you sabotage yourself, it is as a result of fear you do not know you have. You think you are ok, but you are not. In this case you may fear success, failure, being showed up, found lacking in some way or other, and more subtle subconscious fears; of doing better than your father/mother, or worrying that people (family, friends, others) will want to sponge off you if you do well, and other internal dialogues regarding wealth, power, religion, politics. It may also be as a result of societal or other rules and stereotypes with regard to gender, race, background, social standing and other demographics.
If you have been told you are a failure [naughty, ugly, horrible, and so on….] for as long as you can remember, the chances are, you will live up to that programming, unless you do something about it.
If you lack the self confidence, believe you are not ready, do not have enough skills, are not [whatever] enough, you will find ways to avoid doing whatever it is you [want/ wish] to [do/ have/ be] – using business, busyness, procrastination, denial, blame, rationalization, and other tactics to undermine your best efforts.
It’s not your fault
Your partial success and failure is proportionate to the beliefs you hold about yourself and the world. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is your fault if you do not do something about it now that you know what is undermining your ultimate success.
Your subconscious beliefs drive your thoughts, emotions, behaviour and how you present yourself to the outside world. The greater the mismatch between what you think you believe and what you actually believe, the more people will distrust you. The more aligned your true beliefs are with your self-concept, the more authentic you will come across; the more people will believe and trust you.
Journey to Self Discovery pre-launch
I have a limited number of places on my 6-month Journey to Self Discovery course to address the issues holding you back, to transcend your parental and societal programming and beliefs, and to create a future you can be proud of, and leave a legacy for your descendants and generations to come.
Become a Master Sleuth in your own life so that you can
- find clues to expose the saboteurs that are undermining your best efforts and tripping you up, ripping you off, and causing you hardship.
- read the signs the killers of your dreams leave behind.
- identify the signals of potential danger of liars, cheats, and swindlers, posing as the truth.
- spot the tracks the thieves of your well-being leave behind so that you can catch them out.
Put them all in jail where they belong. … then…
You will also get techniques and tools to rehabilitate these ‘thugs’ so that they can work for you, not against you, make them your biggest allies, your most ardent supporters, and your best help and aides to realize your ideals.
Want to learn the art of sleuthing? Sign up here to start the process to Become a Master Life Sleuth now!
Nothing is done. Everything in the world remains to be done or done over – Lincoln Steffens (author)
If you haven’t yet, sign up for the FREE Genius Within Newsletter with tips, tricks and secrets to ignite the Genius Within. Don’t miss out on special offers and information never shared with people not on the list.