Ingredients for Loving Relationships
Communicating love to one another
Recognize the love language your partner speaks
Learn about the 7 ways people show love that you may, or may not, have been recognizing.
- Words of affirmation = makes other person more likely to reciprocate. I know, I care, I am with you.
- Kindness = Not bitterness and resentment, nagging, condemnation, demands and criticism (these stop the flow of love, you might get acquiescence = s/he will do what you want, but it will not be an expression of love).
- Keep the communication channels open = Make requests for what you want/need/desire. If something is really important to you, you may need to explain why it is so important, because it may not be important to the other person at all. Manipulation by guilt and coercion by fear is counter-productive and will alienate the person you love.
- Quality time = Spend one-on-one time together to keep the intimacy going. Explore each other’s minds, bodies, thoughts, beliefs, it is a never-ending adventure. You might find out things about them they did not even know themselves (their ‘blind spots’).
- Giving and receiving gifts = notice what gifts you are getting, it might not be tangible as in presents, flowers, love-letters; it might be one of the other love languages in disguise.
- Acts of service = Asking “How, or with what can I help?” Try to be considerate of the other person’s needs, challenges, values and pre-conceived ideas and beliefs. Being attentive by noticing what is important to the other person and what’s not – it takes time, and you will never learn all there is to know. Do not get blasé, do not take the person for granted, or you will find yourself having to go through the whole process with someone else sooner than you think… and then the process starts all over again once the ‘being in love’ period is over.
- Physical touch = you will get skin hunger if you do not touch and get touched. Some TLC (tender loving care) goes a heck of a long way. Massage, bathing, showering together, and having other sensual and sensate (stimulating the senses) experiences together. Hugging and kissing without ulterior motives is also a good way to ‘stay in touch’.
Some symptoms of lack of love:
- Health issues (98.5%), including weight problems, etc.
- Chronic unhappiness
- Sh!!ty relationship(s)
- Love-less life
- There are many more….
Find out about one of the programs, or not:
- Self Mastery ⇒ Find out about the Self Mastery Program – taking care of your body, mind, and emotions, is a loving act.
- Getting direction ⇒ Find out about the Gift, Meaning, Purpose Program – helps you feel like your life and existence has meaning and you have something to offer.
- Learning to love more, better, deeper ⇒ Find out about the Love-Life Program – for a joyful, deeper fulfilling life.
Get your Love IQ
Click on the button below to get your Love IQ