Don’t believe you have Genius Within you?
Is your impression that genius is exclusively for people like the Einsteins, Savants and inordinately gifted people?
Please consider the following:
- Before you were born you lived in a fluid environment. Seconds after being born you transition to an air-breathing being. Is that magnificent, or what? Ingenious I’d say. Our bodies have an innate intelligence (not exclusive to our species, but shared by most of the animal kingdom).
- You learnt to speak a language in your first 3 years of existence. Some of us learnt more than one by the time we were 3, 4, 5, 6. That’s damn smart of you ask me. No other animal has mastered this art to the same degree and complexity (as far as we know).
- Then you learnt to read and write, but because everyone does it, it does not seem remarkable – however, it is only a few hundred years ago that only priests, (some) kings and high court officials could read and write. Now it is the rule, not the exception… and of all the species on the planet, only humans do this. Have you ever seen a praying mantis read?
- It doesn’t stop there – you also learnt to use implements, drive or operate machinery, and drive vehicles with varying degrees of dexterity. Cool, isn’t it?
- As a species we also love innovating and inventing things. We make up stories, sing, make music, art, write poetry…
Don’t you think that equates to at least some tiny bit of genius?
Like Einstein, we each have a gift, it might not be mathematical genius, but there are many other forms of expression, just as valid and valuable.
If you focus on one thing and one thing only for the rest of your life, you will become exceptional at it. There is enough living proof of that all around us, you see it on Television, read about it in books and magazines.
The more you practice, the better you get at it. Practice what you are good at and get better.
Make the world a better place because you have been here.
Getting to the point: Your Genius Within
But the real genius within we are talking about here is far more than the skills you acquire or inherent body intelligence, no matter how fantastic that is.
What we are talking about is a new way of being so that we can transcend the programming we received growing up – that feeling that there is something wrong with us, that we are not good enough, lovable enough, do not behave well enough,… (fill in your words)…. Whatever it is each one of us carries that makes us feel that we are not all we can be; that we are lacking in some aspect or other.
Or do you believe you are perfect in every way?
It is this belief that you are not perfect in every way that keeps you back, undermines your efforts, and keeps you small. Even if you do not realize it, this fear ‘of being found out’ causes you to have compensatory behavior, become needy of attention, accolades, power, wealth, fame, etc. to feed that insatiable hunger to feel okay, accepted, seen, acknowledged… and so on. It makes you sabotage yourself, or hide, go into denial, try to assuage it with drugs, alcohol, food, sex, work, excitement, and so on. You feel despair, disillusioned, get aggressive, depressed, frustrated, stressed, or all of them. It robs you of joy, happiness, peace, and contentment.
The worst of this is that we are perpetuating it without realizing it. “We know not what we do”.
Until you know what you are doing and why, no change can happen.
No one has all the answers, but I have some, and would love to share them with you. Maybe together we can expand on them to help the next generations have fewer injunctions and live a life that is fueled by inspiration rather than hampered by fear.
Yours in Awakening the Genius Within
All the very best
Whatever you can do or dream, you can begin it. Boldness has power, magic and genius in it. – Goethe
NOTE: Want more information about collaborating with your mind and tips to awaken the genius within and you haven’t signed up yet? Sign up here ⇒ Sign up for the Genius Within Newsletter – So you do not miss out on anything…
The art of using moderate abilities to advantage often brings greater results than actual brilliance. – Francois De La Rochefoucauld