Things we would like to change
Unfortunately at this stage there are many things that need changing:
The many physical, environmental, organizational, governmental, political, and other global issues as well as risks and threats facing business, not to mention the more personal and psycho-social issues that face individuals at work and in their personal lives.
- Bullying and Abuse; sexual molestation, verbal abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse
- Discrimination of various kinds; against gender, age, religion, sexual preference, and color of your skin
- Misconduct; compromising your values, ethics and mores, doing illegal, immoral, or unethical things
- Mismanagement; archaic management and leadership styles, over-use of ‘the whip’, using fear to control people
- Exploitation; threats from management, overwork and underpay, insane deadlines, etc.
- and so on…
- as well as:
To change what happens in an organization and in business, the transformation must begin at the very top, i.e. the head of the organization and the leaders, the heads and sub-heads of divisions, departments and branches, as well as team and project leaders before it can ripple out to the rest of the organization.
It is a personal expedition. Each individual has to go through their own journey, and it has to be ‘lived’ for it to have lasting impact.
Training does not help much
Training in and of itself does very little to create change. Research has indicated that at best about 10% is retained if no other development practices are put in place to inculcate the new frame of reference or way of doing things.
Steps in the Process to Facilitate Change
What is hurting organizations the most is the corporate culture because it isn’t obvious or self-evident. It is merely ‘this is the way things are done here’, and has been – as long as anyone can remember.
- Step 1: [DIAGNOSIS] Identify current position: – Gauge Employee Disposition by doing a Staff Audit; Short Staff Audit, Medium Staff Audit or Long Staff Audit, and get Statistical Reports that will highlight ‘risky business‘, areas of greatest risk, hazardous practices, potential threats, mismanagement, or misconduct. Based on this you can decide to use your own business consultants to assist you, or you can make use of our additional products and services such as Coaching, Mentoring, Business Consulting, Expert Negotiators, Psychologists, Trainers, Facilitators, Health Therapists, Social Workers, and so on.
- Step 2: [PRESCRIBE REMEDY] Create Vision, Strategy and Implementation Plan: Identify most urgent and important issues to be addressed, who will take care of it and by when, making use of whatever services and assistance you require.
- Step3: [APPLY REMEDY] Implementation: Implement plan then give feedback to staff. [Do Step 2 and 3 until all issues are resolved.]
- Step4: [CHECK-UP] Re-assessment: Make sure your process has worked, compare results and outcomes against previous year, identify further issues that need attention, and go through the process again.
Personal transformation requires the same steps as Organizational Transformation.
- Step 1: Identify where you are
- Step 2: Create a compelling vision of where you want to be with a strategy and plan how to get there.
- Step 3: Implement your plan
- Step 4: Make sure you are making progress
- Get tips, and information to Ignite the Genius Within Business and the Organization.
- Get the Genius Within Newsletter with the latest on brain technology, best practices and other juicy tidbits.
- Join the Genius Within Member Club
- Develop Leaders for a better future.
- Be the best you can be and live a Juicy Life.
- Contact us with any questions, queries and for more information.